While spiders play an important role in pest control in your farm and garden, they are unwelcome in your Riverside home. Unfortunately, most Riverside residents complain about the spiders not staying outside where they belong.
Spiders may invade your home in search of food sources, to escape extreme weather conditions, and to find light. Both venomous spiders and harmless spiders can get into your home, and their invasion can be uncomfortable and drive you insane. That is why you need a Riverside pest control professional to exterminate spiders and eliminate the problems they cause.
Types Of Spiders In Riverside
Riverside has various types of spiders, some of which you may have encountered personally. Here are some of the common spiders in Riverside:
- Western black widow: They have jet-black bodies and are highly venomous. They like to stay in the attic, storage spaces, and wood piles.
- California tarantula: They have painful bites but are not as venomous as the black widow and often found in large numbers, especially during the fall.
- American grass spider: You will mostly find the American grass spider on the lawn. They have yellowish-brown stripes on their bodies. They have tiny teeth that make it difficult to bite humans, and their bites are merely dangerous. However, they can transfer infections.
- Spitting spider: These spiders have light brown bodies with dark spots and a thorax larger than the abdomen. They hunt prey by spitting silk at them, but their bites are harmless to humans.
- Brown widow: The spiders hide in dark places like the garage, attic, storage, and garbage cans. They have striped legs and mottled brown bodies with a structure similar to that of a black widow and are venomous.
Riverside houses various spiders, but most of them are harmless. While there is no reason for a scare when you see one, avoid getting close to them.
The Harm That Spiders Could Cause
Spiders have benefits to the ecosystem but not inside your Riverside home. Some spiders, like the black and brown widow, have poisonous venom, which causes a burning sensation, swelling, and pain. Some people have a severe reaction to spider venom, such as necrosis and respiratory issues.
Through bites, spiders can also inject harmful germs that cause damage to human tissue.
Spider webs will give your house an unkempt appearance. They are hard to clean and can also leave marks on surfaces and furniture.
Spiders in your home could also be a sign of other pest infestations. Get rid of spiders in your home to avoid their bites and maintain your house’s appearance.
Five Natural Spider Deterring Tips
There are several effective ways to keep spiders away from your home. Here are some tried and tested control tips:
- Seal openings: Seal cracks, gaps, and other entryways in your home to keep the arachnids outside.
- Keep your home clean: Spiders love places they can hide. Keep your home neat by decluttering to eliminate spider-hiding spots.
- Clear spilled foods: clear food crumbs and spills from drinks, and seal garbage cans to keep pests like roaches, moths, flies, and ants away. Spiders feed on insects that food attracts.
- Get rid of spider webs: Vacuuming spider webs will wipe out spider eggs and nymphs, preventing their population from growing.
- Reduce vegetation near your home: Reducing shrubs and vegetation near your home’s foundation will reduce reliable spider shelter and prevent them from entering your house.
Spiders use windows and other openings to enter your home. They also shelter in vegetation, and having it close to your house will likely increase the spider population in your home. The best ways to get rid of spiders are to eliminate potential spider shelters and seal openings to keep them outside.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
The best way to get rid of spiders and keep them out of your home is to contact a pest control specialist for long-term prevention and control strategies.
Green Flash Pest Control professionals will inspect your home to identify a potential infestation and recommend proactive measures to keep your home spider-free and comfortable.