Are you struggling to get rid of spiders around your San Diego home? You’re not alone. These are some of the most numerous pests found inside our bathrooms, kitchens, and basements.
Unfortunately, it’s difficult to get spiders under control without the help of professional experts. Spiders are hardy pests, and once they invade your home, they need a lot of ‘convincing’ to remove. If you want the best possible pest control services in San Diego, you need to take a multifaceted approach with prevention, mitigation, and exclusion.
Here’s what you need to know.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
Before we jump into spider control, let’s talk a little bit about common spider characteristics. As you know, common house spiders come in all shapes and sizes, but they do share a few common characteristics.
Here are some facts about spiders to help you understand them better:
- Spiders are often mistakenly called insects but are actually arachnids.
- Not all spiders weave webs. While some weave webs in order to catch prey, others prefer to hide and then pounce on passing prey. A few athletic species, including wolf spiders, can run extremely fast and actually run prey down.
- Spiders are carnivorous and hunt insects for food. This means wherever insects are, spiders are sure to follow.
- Spiders use their venom to immobilize the insects they hunt. In fact, all types of spiders are venomous – but some are more powerful than others. This allows them to capture prey without putting their lives at risk.
- Spiders can breed fast. Once these pests find a place with plenty of food, water, and shelter, they begin to breed. Unfortunately, a single female spider can lay hundreds of eggs during her lifetime, which means a small infestation can get large quickly.
As you can see, spiders are extremely resilient pests and won’t go away without a fight. This can lead to all sorts of problems, including the ones listed below.
The Problems Spiders Can Create In Your Home
All spider species are venomous to some degree, but only a few pose real physical problems to humans. Black widow spiders can deliver venomous bites, although they’re unlikely to be fatal so long as you seek medical attention.
Most spider species are nuisances at best, which means they create unpleasant atmospheres for you and your loved ones. Many leave bug carcasses and droppings below their nests or build unsightly webs in corners, crooks, and crevices around your home.
You should know most spiders aren’t trying to be troublemakers. These pests are actually great stewards of our environment. Not only do they keep insect populations low, but they also act as warning signs for populations growing out of control.
We won’t make any bones about it: if you want a spider-free home, you need to focus on spider control. That said, there’s no reason to put yourself at risk for potential bites and dangerous venom.
Let’s look at some safer methods of spider prevention in San Diego.
Five No-Sweat Spider Prevention Tips For Around The House
The less attractive you make your home to spiders, the fewer infestations should come your way.
Here are some things you can start doing today to minimize your chances of a spider infestation tomorrow:
- Tightly seal garbage: Exposed garbage can attract insects, which in turn attracts hungry spiders. Seal garbage tightly to discourage both insects and spiders.
- Minimize clutter: Spiders can find plenty of living space in the clutter around your home. It pays to reduce as much as you can to keep their populations low.
- Seal your home: Spiders and insects exploit openings on the outside of your home to establish a colony inside. Sealing your home may decrease your chances of encountering indoor insects and spider infestations.
- Keep a clean home: Insects are naturally attracted to dirty spaces. Spiders are naturally attracted to insects. Keeping your home clean can keep both species at bay.
- Inspect often: Inspections help you identify spider infestations early, making it easier to control them.
If you want to do spider identification the easy way, look no further than Green Flash Pest Control. Our comprehensive approach to spider removal can help you take back control over your San Diego home.
Professional Pest Control Is A Great Spider Control Solution
For hundreds of clients all over California, the most effective spider removal service in San Diego starts with Green Flash Pest Control. We’re passionate about helping clients feel like a priority at every stage of the treatment process.
- First, we inspect your business for signs of spider activity.
- Then, we apply our treatments as needed.
- We offer green products and science-based pest management so you can rest easy in a pest-free environment.
If spiders have come to visit your home, let our team be the ones you call. Contact us today to receive a quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in San Diego.